Header

7.10.2009

Live Shows: The Roots


I also found myself at the Highline Ballroom that night for The Roots Jam Session. I picked an interesting night to go because the performers were definitely like circus acts. A burlesque show, a screaming reverand, and some girl doing "Chicago house music" (poor girl was two seconds away from getting boo'd off stage), among others. I still had a blast, Black Thought came heavy with the lyrics and I love the way he flows, and ?uestlove killed the drums as usual. They even did a few MJ songs at the end of the session, the highlight of the night. Sorry, again I don't have any video, but enjoy the pics.

The Burlesque Dancers

The Roots Guitarist, Captain Kirk

?uestlove

"The Rev"

The Rev's band

The house girl

-S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LeaVe 1 <3