Header

7.31.2009

Rene's Heavy Rotation

Goapele's dropping the video for her single Milk & Honey soon....

DJ Honda ft Mos Def - Magnetic Arts
Mos Def gives a little rhyme reminiscent of Casa Bey off his latest album The Ecstatic.

Frank Sirius - Complete
This song is the quintessential summer love song, laid back, smooth, and sultry.
From the moment I touched you, I knew that I loved you, you made my life complete

Goapele - Milk & Honey
Goapele's working on a new album entitled Milk & Honey same as the first single. This track was leaked a while back in April, but I'm still bumping it now, especially with the video coming soon.

Joy Jones - Promised Land
I've been playing her new alum Godchild, and this is one of my favorite tracks. I love the heavy melodic Afro-Brazilian beat her voice melds with.

Osunlade Ft. Eric Roberson - Everything In It's Right Place (Radiohead Cover)
I just came across this Radiohead cover that Eric Roberson smashes. His voice is amazing, he should be so much more famous than he is. He blows these little R&B dudes out of the water. PERIOD

Pete Zuma Ft. Bilal - High & Dry
It's Bilal. Enough said.

Theophilus London ft. Peter Hadar - Want U For Myself
I'm starting to listen to more and more of Theophilus' work, I like the kids' style. Word is he really wanted to put Jesse Boykins III on the track, but Peter does it justice.

The Roots - How I Got Over
In anticipation of The Roots new album, I've had this track on repeat. I love the message:
Out in these street where I grew up first thing thing they teach you's not to give a f*ck...That type of thinking won't get you nowhere, someone has to care...

The Werd - Watching
West coaster The Werd sent me this fun song via Twitter. He definitely has some lines on here. Check him out on Myspace.

I saw your ex-girl next to your car outside the AMC cinema questioning herself like the Riddler...

XV ft. Colin Munroe - Start A War
Colin Munroe makes this song, I love his style and this is just a great song lyrically.

A war like this can turn the world around...This love is enough to start a war...

-S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LeaVe 1 <3